Friday, November 30, 2007

Globall survey on Value-Based Journalism

Secretary General
CIJA

Dear Sir,
Greetings.


Sub: Value-based Journalism: A Global Survey of the Perceptions of
Newspaper Journalists

As part of my international community services, I am conducting the
above globalsurvey. The objective of this survey is to examine the
perceptions ofnewspaper journalists on the issue of value-based
journalism intoday's globalization, i.e. which important values guide
them intheir reporting on news, views and analysis? The study
intends togenerate more public awareness and interest on the topic. The
topic ofthe survey is very current and newsworthy.

I have designed a questionnaire to collect data and opinions from the
journalists. The study is purely for academic purposes and the
information collected will be treated strictly confidential.

I seek your members kind co-operation in the completion of this study.
I am receiving some good response from various Journalists Association
and a few newpapers in this regard. May I request you to please forward
this email and questionnaire among your members for their active
particiaption.
Questionnaire can also be downloaded from the following :
www.acadjoshi.com (click left down of photo)

I am sorry for taking your precious time as you are a buzy person.
Nevertheless, your dropping two lines will greatly help me. I really
seek your kind cooperation in this regard. I want the completed
questionnaire before Dec 25, 2007.


Kind regards.


Dr P L Joshi, Professor,
University of Bahrain, Box 32038 Bahrain
Editor : IJAAPE, UK
Managing Editor: AAJFA, UK
Fellow (Academic) of AIA, UK
Box 32038, Bahrain
www.acadjoshi.com

Tel 00973 17 643701
Fax: 00973 17 449776
-----------------------------------------

PS: Recently, South Asia Journalists Association in its conference
calls for applying Value-based journalism. However, there is hardly
any empirical survey conducted in this area. This has motivated me to
undertake this survey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home