Monday, June 19, 2006

Journalists' meeting

Gidday Jason,
I will again be a no show at your meeting today I'm sorry.
I've got a dentists' appointment, my cat got run over, I smashed my
truck and I have a bad stomach ache and we are discouraged from having
lunch breaks at the Pitt Media Group. None of that, apart from the last
one is true, but I'm not going to be a Cook Islands journalist for much
longer. Today I resigned from the Pitt Media Group. I have given them a
month's notice and we're off to NZ in late July. I got offered a very
good job on a newspaper which involves working from home - five weeks
annual leave plus stats, two weeks' accumulative sickpay a year, a
laptop and a cellphone - beats the crap out of beating my head against
the wall at PMG.
I'm really sad about having to leave because we really love this country
despite the numerous frustrations. We've applied for PR etc and we would
like to return some day. The problem is we're going backwards
financially and the cost of living here is getting horrendous.
I'll catch up with you for a coffee one day very soon. Give me a call.
Chairs,
Cam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home